Clinical Lead – Physiotherapist
Rob has extensive experience in delivering Physiotherapy to the highest standards within both the elite and non-elite sector and across varied team and individual sports.
His knowledge in the assessment and diagnosis of sports related injuries within elite and recreational athletes, creating specific rehabilitation and injury prevention programmes that are evidence based are at the forefront of current Science and Medicine practices.
Area of special interest
- Low Back Pain
- Tendon injury
- Sports Injuries
- Lower limb Biomechanics and running injuries
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- BSc Physiotherapy (BSc), Southampton University
- Sports and Exercise Medicine (MSc), University of Nottingham.
- Outside of work, Rob is a keen skier, has the occasional agriculturally manufactured round of golf as well as making time for the great outdoors
- Family Life forms a large part of time outside of the Physiotherapy world with his Wife, 2 Children and 6 Dogs!!
The elite sector
Rob has worked within professional sport for over 12 years where his physiotherapy skills have been utilised by numerous elite athletes.
- Leicestershire CCC
- 1st team physiotherapist at Leicestershire County Cricket Club from 2008 – 2010
- Head of player support from 2011 -2018
- Rob was involved in providing the highest standards of physiotherapy care to the elite athletes involved at Leicestershire CCC on a day to day basis.
- England and Wales Cricket (ECB)
- U17’s Development Pathway and tours to India
- Fast Bowling development pathway for 5 years – involving training Camps to India and South Africa
- U19’s Match day cover and Super 4’s competition cover
- International Rugby Board (IRB)
- 2007 Rugby World Cup – Research Analyst
- Addenbrookes Hospital Sports Injuries Clinic
- Cambridge Rugby Club
- Loughborough Sport
- Leicestershire CCC
- England and Wales Cricket Board / England Cricket Performance Pathway.
- International Rugby Board at the Rugby World Cup 2007
- Health Professions Council
- Chartered society of Physiotherapy
- British Association of Sports and Exercise Medicine
- Acupuncture Association of Chartered physiotherapists