What We Do
Who We See
At Rob Leather Physiotherapy our therapists have an extensive knowledge of both sporting and non sporting injuries and how to manage them effectively
The most common injuries and physical complaints seen and treated within the clinic are listed below:
- Low back pain
- Shoulder pain / impingement syndrome
- Neck pain / Whiplash / Headaches
- Arm Pain – Nerve Entrapments
- Postural back & neck pain – Work related
- Elbow pain (Golfers and Tennis Elbow) – Tendon injuries
- Low back disc problem / Sciatica
- Lower limb Biomechanical injury – Flat feet / running pain / ITB Syndrome
- Stress fractures of low back –
- Knee and Patella Pain
- Hip & Groin pain
- Ankle Sprains
- Thigh, Hamstring and Calf muscle strains
- Achilles Tendon and Patella Tendon Injury
What to Expect:
When you attend the clinic, you should expect following:
- A thorough medical history relating to the condition will be taken – including any relevant past medical history
- Physical Assessment of your injury and functional ability
- Accurate clinical diagnosis
- A suitable personalised treatment and management plan for your injury.
Treatment plans will often include:
Rob Leather Physiotherapy has been created with the clients needs the foremost priority, we combine current physiotherapy practices with over twelve years’ experience of working within professional sports to deliver an exceptional service.
The team possesses a wide range of clinical and rehabilitation skill which enables us to manage a broad spectrum of injuries and pathologies with successful outcomes, using the most up to date, evidenced based techniques
The team has worked for over 12 years providing physiotherapy and sports medicine services for numerous Professional teams and organisations, such as:
- England Cricket
- Leicestershire County Cricket Club
- Leicester Tigers
- Leicester Rider Basketball
- Denstone College
We pride ourselves in delivering a friendly and personalised approach to your injury or condition, ensuring your recovery is realistic and achievable in meeting your goals. We have access to excellent facilities to enhance your experience at Rob Leather Physiotherapy
Specialist Injury Management
At Rob Leather Physiotherapy, we are leading experts in the rehabilitation of some specific sports injuries. We use the knowledge and specialist techniques gained from working at the cutting edge of Elite Professional sport to gain successful outcomes to these often complex and debilitating injuries. This makes us one of the most sought after physiotherapy services in the East Midlands
We are leading experts in:
- Patella Tendinopathy Rehabilitation
- Achilles Tendinopathy Rehabilitation
- Lower Back Stress Fracture Rehabilitation
- Cruciate Ligament Rehabilitation
- Lower back and Core Strengthening.
Rob Leather Physiotherapy has excellent links with Local and national specialists, delivering a seamless service should your injury need specialist medical support.
If you have sustained an injury that can’t be solely managed by Physiotherapy, needing a specialist opinion or onward referral the team at Rob Leather Physiotherapy has excellent relationships with leading experts at a local and national level. We are able to refer you to the most relevant specialist for your condition ensuring you receive the best possible management.
Our specialists networks include:
- Sports Medicine Consultants and Specialists
- Orthopaedics and Surgery
- Radiology – including X-ray and MRI scanning.
- Podiatry and Biomechanics
We will arrange for you to be seen by the most appropriate specialist for your condition to ensure that your injury or condition is managed by the best possible practitioners.