What is sports Massage
Sports massage is a form of massage involving the manipulation of soft tissue to benefit a person engaged in regular physical activity.
It is designed to assist in correcting problems and imbalances in soft tissue that are caused from repetitive and strenuous physical activity.
The main Benefits of sports massage as shown to be
- Improving athlete relaxation and recovery
- Reducing muscle tension / adhesions
- Improving joint range of movement
- managing scar tissue after injury
- Enhancing recovery by raising blood circulation to the affected body part
- Reduction in pain associated with training and injury
What to Expect
The application of sports massage, prior to and after exercise, may enhance performance, aid recovery and prevent injury. Rob Leather Physiotherapy offers Sports massage services for clients which will consist of a short medical history being taken and then a massage tailored specifically for the client